Saturday, March 29, 2008

Daggerboard through the case

I used the jigsaw, dremmel tools, files and sandpaper but I finally have the profile opening complete in the daggerboard case bottom. It was a little unnerving cutting out most of that poured plug in the case bottom and of course I cut the initial profile small, leaving a fitting iteration that took longer than I thought it would. But in the end all is well.



The board pulls all the way through easily. The scars of the fitting process can be seen on the board carbon fiber.

The leading edge might still be a bit tight and I did open up the profile too much toward the trailing edge. But overall I am happy. When pulled out the board gives a nice thunk as it bottoms.


Here is a short video of the board getting pulled out through the case.


No comments: