Sunday, February 18, 2007

Daggerboard case mold

It has been a hectic week at work. Some goals for the boat build that I had made last week, have not been fully achieved. However, some progress has been made.


I have cleaned up and reorganized the basement to make the space required for the bigger flat panel table. I have space now for a table as large as 4'x12'. This larger table will create the parts for all the remaining flat panels from the float decks to everything in the main hull.

That's ~6' long dagger board mold construction parts in the above picture. Note that with the 3/4" thick mdf boards almost sealed - it almost looks like a piece of furniture!





In the above end view, note my interpretation of the appropriate 'slight taper' called for in the drawings.


Lake Ontario again. (It's where I live). Above picture shows the 1-2 meter build up of ice on the beach where our new puppy Colt (6 month old Australian Shepherd) likes to run.

Don't go out any farther Monica!

4 comments:

T.McCaw said...

It would appear that winter has arrived.

Tom

Anonymous said...

Winter sure has arrived! But we cannot complain. Overall this year there has been very little snow. I also understand that the forecast calls for warmer weather soon. There should be a burst of boat building activity up to the March break. That's when I take the family down to Hilton Head.

T.McCaw said...

Had to google Hilton Head.Looks real nnnniiiccceee.
Sea Pines Plantation - South Beach
1726 Bluff Villa .... ok I stay here.

Tom

GK said...

Tom, you make us laugh! Love your sense of humour!!!