Sunday, February 04, 2007

Second set of float bulkheads complete


I have finished the last set of float bulkheads and have the foam stringer all ready to go. As a pure photo opportunity I set them all into position (they stand on their own). When I took this picture the temperature was -10 degrees Celsius. I've been waiting for the temperature to warm up a bit but I can't wait much longer. I have two propane heaters (kindly donated by my brother-in-law) that I am now prepared to fire up and hand lay up the inner hull, foam stringer and tape the bulkheads into place.

I really want to reverse the form frames and get the last two float halves finished.




Here is a close up of the access port cut into the aft beam bulkhead. The exposed foam was dug out and the edge was filled with putty to make it robust.


It's a small world. I took this picture yesterday walking the dog. It shows a view of Lake Ontario from Guildwood atop the Scarborough Bluffs. Bluffers Park can be seen in the distance. It will be one definite launch point for my new trailer trimaran.

No comments: