Monday, September 29, 2008

Bottom paint

I turned the hull over to get better access for sanding and applying the small amount of bottom paint on the float.  I used the Interlux VC Performance Epoxy product.  It has no anti-fouling properties but does give you a hard surface that is easily wet sanded smooth.

The below the waterline area on the float is so small that I did not need to use any kind of laserline or manometer to mark out the area.  I simply used a chaulk line.  The area looks reasonable.

I used a foam roller to apply the paint, and put on 4 coats.  After each coat I lightly sanded with 220 grit dry sandpaper.  I am sure that wet sanding now with 400 grit or higher will result in a very slick smooth surface.

Now to finish sanding and get the Endura topside paint primer on.

No comments: